Wednesday 30 October 2013

Spices: Tapella

Barcino is not the only placed one can choose to lounge around and have wine in the Greenbelt area, Tapella is just a few steps away. If you want a more refined, peaceful and quiet ambiance then Tapella is the best place to go.

Tapella's Pintxos Calientes

The wine list is not as extensive as Barcino's but it's still better than a regular resto's wine list. We had Spanish wine from the Ribera del Duero region, bottle of Mayor de Casstilla.


Mayor de Castilla Ribero Del Duero - Php700++

A complimentary basket of assorted warm bread was served. Nice.


Complimentary Assorted Bread


I really didn't have any expectations from the food, just like Barcino, they also offered full meals and tapas or bar chows. We went there to have wine so we just ordered two dishes, the first of which is the Boquerones Al Vinagre or fresh marinated anchovies. I had doubts that they will serve fresh anchovies, I initially thought that they would served the bottled or canned ones. But to my delight, they did serve fresh fish, the marinated anchovies tasted clean and fresh.


Boquerones Al Vinagre - Php235

It was a choice between an assorted plate of cold or hot tapas, I chose the latter, the Pintxos Calientes. On the plate was a variety of tapas,  a mini burger, fried cheese sticks, chicken skewer, croquettes, fried squid rings, toast with olive and a creamy soup shooter. Without any expectations I dig in and I was pleasantly surprised with everything I tasted. Each appetizer tasted good, cheese sticks, squid rings and croquettes were crunchy with a nice soft center. Burger and chicken skewer was succulent and tasty plus the soup was nice and creamy. Everything exceeded my expectations, I enjoyed each and everything.


Pintxos Calientes - Php395

Though I have been here only once, I can't wait to go back to try out more of the dishes that they offer. Food wise, I enjoyed it here better than Barcino. The only reason I've been to Barcino more times is they offer a lot of more wines, I do hope Tapella will expand their wine list in the future. In doing so, I'm pretty sure that they'll expand their clientele.


 
Tapella
Address: Ground Flr. Greenbelt 5, Ayala Center, Makati City
Tel No: 757 2710
Webpage: www.tapellarestaurant.com

No comments:

Post a Comment